Job Title CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Location Rochester NY (With some travel)
Reports to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
This role has been filled. See our latest searches here>
Responsible for supporting the utilization and adoption of the VisualDx (www.visualdx.com) visual decision support clinical information system for point of care clinical care use. Serves as a liaison to the physician community and serves as an advocate for use of clinical information systems. Develops relationships with third party payors, hospital CMO’s/CIO’s and external business groups, championing the utility of VisualDx and clinical decision support at the point of care. Works in partnership with usability and engineering research teams as well as sales and marketing efforts to further the visibility, adoption and utilization of diagnostic decision support and point of care medical knowledge systems.
- Engages patient care providers including physicians, nursing practitioners and physician assistants to encourage the use and adoption of VisualDx. Develops a rich understanding of physician information needs and builds relationships with physician users and physician leadership to gain support of VisualDx system at hospital and clinics.
- Develops and leads program to introduce system to private and public healthcare payors and large group practices. Articulates the benefits and ROI of diagnostic accuracy and how information systems can lead to quality care and reduced costs.
- Leads and facilitates clinical focus groups for discussions of use/utilization, message, focus, applicability of content, training and other benefits of decision support systems.
- Reviews medical informatics trends, experiences and approaches, develops technical and application implementation strategies and assists in the development of strategic plans for company information products. Understands and promotes EHR interoperability of the software product.
- Prepares manuscripts covering aspects of clinical informatics deployments as well as presenting at national meetings.
- Innovates and promotes new programs to gain increased system use.
- Chairs clinical advisory groups to provide broad-based input into the enhancement of the VisualDx system, promote adoption and system use. Builds a network of physician advisors and industry key opinion leaders.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
The Chief Medical Officer will be a licensed physician with recent medical practice required. Experience and passion for medical information systems and working knowledge of clinical information tools such as EHR’s and decision support systems is essential.
- Must be able to present data with powerful communication and presentation skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Possesses a good grasp of clinical work flow in both inpatient and outpatient settings, expertise in clinical information systems and outcomes measurement.
- Is politically savvy, has a high tolerance for ambiguity and can work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Is a systems thinker with strong organizational skills who can pull all the pieces together.
- Is a contemporary clinician who understands major trends in healthcare, public health and managed care, and is familiar with point of care products and medical informatics trends and tools.
- The candidate must be technologically savvy and can easily demonstrate software technology and apps to anyone in seconds to minutes.
80% time. Ideally the clinician will have the equivalent of .5 to 1 day a week in clinical practice and be using VisualDx in practice.
Salary is commensurate with experience, Bonus/Commissions, Stock Option plan
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Consultant & Client Partner
With a background in leadership and sports management, Tim Coykendall is exceptionally driven to help individuals and organizations reach their most ambitious professional goals. He has a unique ability to pinpoint cultural alignment as he evaluates talent for critical executive leadership positions across the country.